The aim of this course is to provide learners with an introduction to the Occupational Health and Safety Act, as well as Health and Safety procedures, personal protective equipment and clothing, potential work hazards, safety signage and symbols. This course will also familiarise learners with the procedures relating to first aid and what to do in the case of an accident or emergency.
- SAFETY PROCEDURES
- PERSONAL PROTECTIVE EQUIPMENT AND CLOTHING
- SAFETY SIGNS AND SYMBOLS
- FIRST AID
- SAFE KNIFE PRACTICES
- COMPRESSED AIR
- EMERGENCY PREPAREDNESS
At the end of this course learners will be able to:
- Understand the OHSA, the duties of the employer, employee and safety representatives.
- Know what safety equipment is available and what to use for their job function
- Identify different types of protective clothing and know what is relevant to which job function.
- Identify fire safety signs and equipment and explain fire safety practices
- Identify various safety signs and symbols.
- Understand the procedures to follow with regards to first aid, emergencies and accidents